The Anatomy of Conflict
If there is no communication then there is no respect.
If there is no respect then there is no caring.
If there is no caring then there is no understanding.
Shannon L. Alder
This page provides you with conflict mediation tools that are aimed to support constructive interactions and a Culture of Dialogue. Conflict can feel extremely threatening, and yet if processed well can turn into powerful seeds for personal transformation. Explore the healing potentials of conflict in our short video below.
The following slide decks aim to support introducing content in brief and interactive ways to prepare engaging peer interactions.
The following short videos aim to support developing life skills that make constructive dialogue possible.
- Levels of a Conflict (5 min) view
- The Cycle of Violence part 1 (10 min) view
- The Cycle of Violence part 2 (30 min) view
- The Courage to Talk about Race (4.5 min) view
- Rank, Power, Privilege Part 1 (5 min) view
- Rank, Power, Privilege Part 2 (9 min) view
Explore constructive dialogue further on our pages Initiating Interracial Dialogue and Culture of Dialogue. Our film American Textures applies intercultural and conflict mediation skills to intergroup dialogue.