Student Travel Programs
After this Morocco program I feel that in order to truly understand any culture one must experience it first hand.Katie Kollar, New York University student
Our travel programs are delivered by Morocco Exchange Ltd. which brings American, European and Moroccan students together on travel programs in Morocco, building bridges of genuine human connection between the Muslim and Western worlds by encouraging self development and the widening of participants’ perspectives through experiential learning activities. Since 2003, Morocco Exchange has organised over 950 programs and introduced well over 15,000 American and European university students and faculty to the Moroccan people and culture. View the short introductory video below.
Morocco Exchange Ltd. is a non-profit organization that has been developed in response to the current world political situation. Morocco Exchange offers college and high school students the opportunity for both intensive personal growth and a monumental physical journey of discovery in Morocco.
- To bring American, European and Moroccan students together, building bridges of genuine human connection between the Muslim and Western worlds.
- To encourage and support the self development and widening of perspectives of program participants through experiential learning activities.
- To provide a framework and create opportunities in which students can:
- Experience Islamic art, thought, and daily life, through visits, lectures and homestays.
- Discover Moroccan culture and history through academic discussions and presentations with professors from Casablanca, Fez, Ifrane,
Marrakech, and Rabat.
- Get firsthand experience of international aid projects, witnessing their impact on local communities.
- Gain inspiration for future career and volunteer choices. Vibrant examples are provided by our program leaders through their years of service
as former Peace Corps volunteers.
- To build strong, lasting and beneficial partnerships with international organizations in the fields of education and development.
Morocco Exchange Ltd. is a UK non-profit organization which was created by Arnd Wächter, Director CBE, as a creative response to the intercultural climate in a post 9/11 world.
Morocco Exchange works in collaboration with the Langcom Institute, the Asociación de Programas Universitarios Norteamericanos en España (APUNE), the University Hassan II in Rabat, the Moroccan Association of Teachers of English (MATE), the Dutch Institute for higher education in Morocco (NIMAR), the Ecole Superieure Roi Fahd de Traduction Tangier, and with NGOs such as the DARNA women’s center in Tanger, the Masal youth project in Salé, and the World Women’s Banking (WWB).
American study abroad programs in Spain that have collaborated with us on the Morocco Exchange programs are: Arcadia, Boston University, Central College, CIEE in Sevilla, IES in Granada, New York University, Syracuse University, University of California and over 20 other university programs.