Youth Engagement Program PoWR
Experience Deep Connections and Uplifting Community
Are you interested to meet caring, openminded, kind-hearted people prior to attending the PoWR 2023 in Chicago? Are you open to practice the life skills of caring and empathic dialogue across cultural difference?
If your answer is yes then you are most welcome to apply for attending our Participant Engagement Program to build trust with peers prior to traveling to the PoWR in Chicago.
You are invited to our interactive program that explores topics of ‘Resilience, Creativity and Belonging’ through the art of story. During three intentional and safe dialogue sessions, you will experience open sharing, deep listening and storytelling activities that support you to connect deeply in small groups.
We will facilitate the virtual sessions in intimate groups of four participants in order to experience the depth, vulnerability, and courage necessary to nurture our capacities of empathic listening and human care. The intended outcomes for our participants are:
- An experience of mentorship and meaningful interactions
- An open space for connection, inspiration, and collaboration with each other
- Active participation in creating supportive relationships that can then enrich your PoWR experience
PRACTICALITIES – Date & Time & Commitment:
- Place: The workshop will be facilitated online.
- Event: Three engaging, interactive dialogue sessions (2 hrs each).
- Time: 10amEST – 12pmEST (New York time)
- Block One: June 19, 22 and 25
- Block Two: June 25, 27 and 29
- Block Three: June 26, 29 and July 1
- Preparations: Completion of short multimedia preparations online (15 min each).
- Commitment: Attendance at all three sessions is critical to group bonding.
- Opportunity: face-to-face reunions of groups at film dialogue events at PoWR in Chicago
- Cost: With gratitude to our partners, we offer this pilot free of charge.
Please click on the button below to register for this program.