Workshop: Resilience, Creativity & Belonging
Crossing Borders Education (CBE) is a non-profit organization for cross-cultural education that has collaborated with Erasmus Mundus programs and organizations such as National Geographic Education. The CBE team invites your students to participate in three virtual dialogue sessions as part of the StoryTalk workshop ‘Resilience and Stories ofOvercoming’.
Through online platforms our students could easily increase their knowledge about a wide range of topics including wellbeing and resilience. However the average completion rate of online courses is well below 10%. Additionally, many of our students are currently feeling isolated and powerless in the face of today’s intersecting crises (the pandemic, climate change, social injustices, political polarization, and more). These anxieties then further limit their capacities to connect meaningfully to new knowledge, much less integrate it into their lives.
CBE engaged in four years of research and practiced and invented a unique Virtual Dialogue Methodology (patent filed in March 2020) and piloted it throughout 2020 with multiple organizations including the University of Glasgow, the University of Southern California, Purdue University and the Erasmus Student Network.
CBE created the StoryTalk workshops to connect diverse students in warm, intimate, caring small groups that can be scaled in concentric circles to large groups. Belonging is a key driving factor for overcoming a crisis. We developed tools to build deep human social bonds through which then Civic Imagination can arise naturally and be cultivated. We would love to explore with you ways to support your students to help building deep social connections during these difficult times.
The CBE team will facilitate the Zoom sessions in intimate groups of four participants in order to experience the depth, vulnerability, and courage necessary to nurture capacities such as active listening and empathic dialogue. The intended outcomes for participants are:
- An interactive experience of meaningful dialogues to overcome social isolation
- A safe space for connection, inspiration, and collaboration in small groups
- Transformative learning activities to develop dialogue skills and social intelligence
- A social learning environment that strengthen personal wellbeing AND civic imagination at this difficult time
Additionally, some students will have the opportunity to be trained in facilitation skills in order to offer peer support in their small groups throughout the workshop.
PRACTICALITIES – Date & Time & Commitment:
- Place: Zoom
- Dates: flexible
- Starting Times: flexible
- Online Preparations: completion of short multimedia preparations (10min each)
- Commitment: students will be required to attend all three sessions. This is critical to support trust building and group bonding.
- Fee: £60 per participant (pax 12-24*), £50 (pax 25-40); £40 (pax 41-60)
(*Note: a minimum of 12 participants is needed to run a workshop)
Workshop Package: £60 per participant*
Included in the fee:
- Tuition for the One Day Staff/Faculty Training
- One year access to all CBE Toolkits and Video Packages (with Online Teacher Manuals)
- Impulses for the inclusion of intercultural sessions into General Education
To find out more about this StoryTalk workshop, please contact us.