The increasing diversity within educational institutions across the US provides us with incredible learning opportunities, but it also presents tough challenges. These trainings and the accompanying intercultural toolkits and video packages are created to support staff and faculty to respond to these challenges, support students and implement transformative learning activities into curricula. You are invited to review the Campus Internationalization Resources and Educational Approach that are aimed to enhance a Culture of Dialogue on campuses.
The workshops below present creative resources, designed to prepare students, faculty and staff for open intercultural and interracial dialogues by focusing on the learning areas of communication skills, critical thinking, self awareness, and empathy building. The workshops provide practical models on how to initiate student dialogue through intercultural film fragments. Additionally, the workshops discuss strategies how to use intercultural resources and toolkits for implementing intercultural sessions into general curricula, such as first year seminars.
We are offering the staff and faculty development workshops:
- Diversity Training (US) Facilitators: Lyle Q. Foster and Jennifer L. Wiley
- Intercultural Training (US) Facilitator: Tara Harvey, PhD
- Intercultural Training (EU). Facilitator: Linda Huskes.
Training Package: starting from $350 per participant
Included in the fee:
- Tuition for the One Day Staff/Faculty Training (Note: additional expenses of travel, lodging and food are not included)
- One year access to all CBE Toolkits and Video Packages (with Online Teacher Manuals)
- Networking opportunities with professionals who are active in Curricula Development
- Impulses for the inclusion of intercultural sessions into General Education
For institutional pricing, please contact us.