This Trailer (2 mins) shows the depth of connection and community building skills you are invited to experience.
“We face a lot of emotional difficulties as students, but in this program we can experience that we are not alone. We do not need to feel isolated. Together, we can make a change.” Kokoro, Participant, Japan
We support Purdue’s student leaders and Resident Assistants in their efforts to build peer communities and grow a sense of belonging across the Purdue Campus.
Many students feel so excited when they are arriving on campus, but at the same time they can also feel a bit stretched and overwhelmed. Additionally, it is natural that at this time many of us can feel isolated and are longing for meaningful social connections. To meet this core human need Crossing Borders Education (CBE) facilitates programs to deeply connect caring and good hearted peers to nurture uplifting communities and wellbeing. In this program CBE partners with Purdue’s award winning CILMAR who specialize in creating meaningful dialogue across cultural differences.
Join our Peer Dialogue Taster Session offered to you in collaboration with CILMAR’s team. Attend a round of small group dialogues to practice empathic dialogue and community building skills. Meet fellow Residents Assistants and young people from other countries to share experiences and create a lasting positive change in your life’s wellbeing.
We will meet on our virtual platform Human Bridges and connect via a new, innovative, media-enhanced, uniquely interactive Peer Dialogue method.
During these intentional and safe sessions, you will experience inspiring dialogue to uplift each other and practice skills such as: deep listening, robust empathy, and active hope. In the process we will naturally strengthen our human capacities for building trust, mindfulness and belonging.
Dialogue is a fantastic channel through which to experience and develop intercultural learning skills and foster deep connection between individuals. We look forward to inviting you into dialogues with each other and hopefully soon with other campus groups to build a more rich, connected, and purposeful campus community together!
We are inviting participants to our programs who:
- are inspired to learn and grow wellbeing skills
- are interested to connect with caring people from all over the world
- are interested to practice the Art of Dialogue and the skill of Trust Building
- feel passionate about creating uplifting peer communities that are based on mutual respect
We facilitate the online sessions in intimate and diverse small groups (4-12 participants) in order to experience the depth, vulnerability, and courage necessary to nurture empathetic dialogues across differences.
The intended outcomes for our participants are:
- an experience of meaningful peer connections
- an open space for uplifting inspirations around pressing issues
- an opportunity to practice social skills, such as active listening and public speaking
- an opportunity to cultivate wellbeing practices, uplift those of us who feel emotionally exhausted, and build a web of nurturing peer communities
PRACTICALITIES – Dates & Time
- Place: virtually
- Times: multiple (view registration page for details)
- Workshop Session: one interactive session (90 min) to support group bonding
- Next Dates: click on the registration link below & indicate your interest in workshop dates
- Cost: Thanks to our partners, we offer these pilot programs free of charge
Please click on the button below to register for this workshop.