The COP27 Civic Imagination Lab
Experience Deep Connections and Uplifting Community
Most of us feel deeply concerned about the pressing global issues of our time, not least the climate emergency.
Many of us have found podcasts, platforms and documentaries that address those issues skilfully.
And yet, many of us feel isolated in our care and are longing for meaningful social connections and a desire for (more) collective action.
You are invited to be part of our ‘Civic Imagination Lab’ to develop deep connections and ‘emotionally sustainable activism’. We do this through the art forms of story and dialogue, which we are piloting as part of COP27. During three intentional and safe sessions, you will experience empathic dialogue, intercultural communication and storytelling activities that will model how to connect deeply online during these difficult times.
You will be part of this creative first stage of our three-year programme which is being developed in close partnership with the Cisco Green Team, the Outrage & Optimism podcast, Purdue University and UNESCO-Education for Sustainable Development.
We facilitate the online sessions in intimate and diverse small groups (4-12 participants) in order to experience the depth, vulnerability, and courage necessary to nurture empathic dialogues across differences.
The intended outcomes for our participants are:
- An experience of meaningful peer interactions around shared (and pressing) topics of interest
- An open space for brief yet uplifting inspirations and collaboration with peers
- Active participation in creating virtual communities around media platforms
- An opportunity to cultivate and ‘practice’ our personal Life Skills – including trust building, intercultural dialogue, empathy, and deep listening
PRACTICALITIES – Date & Time & Commitment:
- Place: The workshop will be facilitated online.
- Event: Three engaging, interactive dialogue sessions (2 hrs each).
- Time: 10amEST – 12pmEST (New York time)
- Block Two: Nov. 14, 16, and 19, 2022
- Block Two: Nov. 29, Dec. 1 and 3, 2022
- Other: You can ask for future dates in the program registration.
- Preparations: Completion of short multimedia preparations online (15 min each).
- Commitment: Attendance at all three sessions is critical to group bonding.
- Cost: With gratitude to our partners, we offer this pilot free of charge.
Please click on the button below to register for this program.