Experience Deep Connections around the Outrage+Optimism podcast
This Trailer (2mins) shows the depth of connection and community building skills you are invited to experience.
Most of us feel deeply concerned about the pressing global issues of our time, not least the climate emergency. Many of us found podcasts we feel aligned with in their values. And yet, many of us can feel isolated in our care and are longing for meaningful social connections and a desire for (more) collective actions. To meet this challenge we are facilitating virtual community events to deeply connect with caring people.
ON SOCIAL CHANGE
Our natural tendency as humans – when we see a pressing need – is to focus straight away on actions, which can lead us to actions that feel quite isolated. Systems Thinking suggests two steps prior in order to initiate and sustain social change: 1) Building Trusting Relationships, 2) Developing Core Skills, and 3) Engaging in Collective Action.
Join our small group dialogues to practice empathic dialogue and community building skills. These community events will connect around the Outrage & Optimism podcast.
We will meet on our virtual platform Human Bridges and connect via a new, innovative, media-enhanced, uniquely interactive Peer Dialogue method. Human Bridges is developed by Crossing Borders Education (CBE), an international non-profit organisation for personal transformation and dialogue across differences.
We will organize these empathic dialogue experiences every month and each community event will focus on an episode of the Outrage & Optimism podcast. In this process, we will naturally strengthen our human capacities for building trust, mindfulness and belonging.
We are inviting participants to our programs who:
- are inspired to learn the skills to facilitate small groups
- feel passionate about growing nurturing virtual communities for the climate movement
- are interested in systems-change that starts with trust building and caring dialogue
We facilitate the online sessions in intimate and diverse small groups (we use break out rooms where you deeply connect with 4 other participants) in order to experience the depth, vulnerability, and courage necessary to nurture empathic dialogues across differences.
The intended outcomes for our participants are:
- an experience of meaningful peer connections
- an open space for uplifting inspirations around pressing issues
- an opportunity to cultivate practices and collective actions that can help to connect the climate movement, uplift those how are emotionally exhausted, and build a web of nurturing peer communities
PRACTICALITIES – Dates & Time
- Place: virtually
- Time: noon-1:30pm EST (New York time)
- Dialogue: one interactive session (90 min) per month to support group bonding
- Next Dates: click on the registration link below & indicate your interest in program dates
- Cost: With gratitude to our partners, we offer these pilot programs free of charge
Please click on the button below to register for this program.