This Trailer (2mins) shows the depth of connection and community building skills you are invited to experience.
Join our Peer Mentorship Program – crafted for Cisco Inclusive Communities – to practice empathic dialogue and community building skills. We will connect around inspiring media content, and meet on the virtual platform Human Bridges, a new, innovative, media-enhanced, uniquely interactive Peer Dialogue method. Human Bridges is hosted by Webex Events and developed by Crossing Borders Education (CBE), an international non-profit organisation for personal transformation and dialogue across difference.
ON SOCIAL CHANGE
Our natural tendency as humans is to focus straight away on actions (especially in business teams), which can lead us to actions that feel quite individualistic and isolated. Systems Thinking suggests two steps prior in order to initiate and sustain social change: 1) Building Trusting Relationships, 2) Developing Core Skills, and 3) Engaging in Collective Action.
The goals of our mentorship program include:
- Dialogue across Differences: This workshop will focus on communication skills for navigating diverse perspectives.
- Intercultural Communication: Explore the challenges and opportunities that come with communicating across cultural and socio-economic differences.
- Practical Tools: Learn concrete strategies for building trust, deepening understanding, and fostering empathy in interpersonal relations.
- Interactive Exercises: Participate in hands-on activities that help you practice and apply the principles of intercultural communication.
- Cultural Intelligence: Build your cultural ninja skills by learning how to cultivate empathy, avoid stereotypes, and adapt to different cultural norms.
- Strengthening Inclusion: fostering empathy in multicultural settings, all with the goal of celebrating the diversity of our diverse community.
- Actionable Takeaways: Leave the workshop with a plan to put what you’ve learned into action, both in your personal and professional life.
We are inviting Cisco mentors who:
- are inspired to learn the skills to facilitate mentorship dialogues
- are interested in inspiring teamwork that starts with trust building and caring dialogue
- are willing to serve a mentee within a spirit of caring support and inclusion
PRACTICALITIES – Dates & Time
- Place: Webex
- Time: noon-1:30pm EST (New York time)
- Dialogue: three interactive sessions (90 min) to support group bonding
- Next Dates: tbc (soon: click on the registration link below & indicate your interest in program dates)
- Cost: in partnership with Cisco’s Country Digital Acceleration program, we are offering seats free of charge to Cisco Inclusive Community members.
Please click on the button below to register for this program.