Experience Deep Connections and Empathic Dialogue
This Trailer (2mins) shows the depth of connection and community building skills you are invited to experience.
Most of us feel deeply concerned about the pressing global issues of our time. Many of us found inspiring initiatives and podcasts we feel aligned with in their values. And yet, many of us can feel isolated in our care and are longing for meaningful social connections and a desire for peer community. To meet this challenge we are facilitating dialogue series to deeply connect caring people (teachers and parents) within the Choose Love Movement and to nurture emotionally sustainable engagement.
ON SOCIAL CHANGE
Our natural tendency as humans – when we see a pressing need – is to focus straight away on actions, which can lead us to actions that feel quite isolated. Systems Thinking suggests two steps prior in order to initiate and sustain social change: 1) Building Trusting Relationships, 2) Developing Core Skills, and 3) Engaging in Collective Action.
Join our small group dialogues to practice empathic dialogue and community building skills. We will connect around inspiring media content, drawn from TED talks and a variety of nurturing podcasts.
We will meet on our virtual platform Human Bridges and connect via a new, innovative, media-enhanced, uniquely interactive Peer Dialogue method. Human Bridges is developed by Crossing Borders Education (CBE), an international non-profit organisation for personal transformation and empathic dialogue across differences.
During three intentional and safe sessions, you will experience empathic dialogue to uplift each other and practice community building skills such as: deep listening, robust empathy, and active hope. In process we will naturally strengthen our human capacities for building trust, mindfulness and belonging.
We are inviting participants to our programs who:
- are open to practice the skills to enable empathic dialogue
- are inspired to grow nurturing peer communities for teachers and parents
- are interested to support social change that starts with trust building and caring dialogue
We facilitate the online sessions in intimate and diverse small groups (4-12 participants) in order to experience the depth, vulnerability, and courage necessary to nurture empathic dialogues across differences.
The intended outcomes for our participants are:
- an experience of meaningful peer connections
- an open space for uplifting inspirations
- an opportunity to cultivate dialogue practices that can help to connect the Choose Love Movement, uplift those who are emotionally exhausted, and build a web of nurturing peer communities
PRACTICALITIES – Dates & Time
- Place: virtually
- Time Block One: noon-1:30pm EST (New York time)
- Time Block Two: 5:30pm-7pm EST (New York time)
- Dialogue: two interactive sessions (90 min each) to initiate group bonding
- Next Dates: click on the registration link below & indicate your interest in program dates
- Cost: With gratitude to our partners, we offer these pilot programs free of charge
Please click on the button below to register for this program.