This Trailer (2 mins) shows the depth of connection and community building skills you are invited to experience.
“Experiencing people who share deep concern and enthusiasm for our earth is deeply nurturing and supportive. It feels so good to find like-minded people.”Jain, Participant, York, Canada
Most of us feel deeply concerned about the pressing global issues of our time, not least the climate emergency. Most of us feel stretched and overwhelmed with the stark challenges of our beautiful and aching planet. And yet, many of us experience these difficult feelings in isolation and are longing for meaningful-caring-deep connections. We desire feeling better within ourselves, nurturing communities and uplifting collective actions. To meet this challenge we are facilitating community building workshops to deeply connect caring people within the climate movement and to nurture ’emotionally sustainable activism’.
ON SOCIAL CHANGE
Our natural tendency as humans – when we see a pressing need – is to focus straight away on actions, which move us into urgent tasks that can feel isolated and lead to burnout. Systems Thinking suggests two steps prior to action in order to initiate and sustain social change:
- Building Trusting Relationships
- Developing Core Skills and
- Engaging in Collective Action
Join our small group dialogues to practice empathic dialogue and community building skills. Meet young people from other countries, share experiences and create a lasting positive change in your life’s wellbeing, which are the base for collective action.
We will meet on our virtual platform Human Bridges and connect via a new, innovative, media-enhanced, uniquely interactive Peer Dialogue method.
During these intentional and safe sessions, you will experience inspiring dialogue to uplift each other and practice skills such as: deep listening, robust empathy, and active hope. In the process we will naturally strengthen our human capacities for building trust, mindfulness and belonging.
You will become a part of this creative next stage of bringing the youth of this world together with the aim of nurturing and uplifting each other in order to have the strength to engage in meaningful collective actions.
We are inviting participants to our programs who:
- are inspired to grow wellbeing and community and feel passionate about growing uplifting peer communities for the climate movement
- are interested in systems-change that starts with trust building and caring dialogue
We facilitate the online sessions in intimate and diverse small groups (4-12 participants) in order to experience the depth, vulnerability, and courage necessary to nurture empathetic dialogues across differences.
The intended outcomes for our participants are:
- an experience of meaningful peer connections around well-being practices
- an open space for uplifting inspirations around pressing issues
- an opportunity to cultivate collective actions that help to connect the climate movement, uplift those of us who are emotionally exhausted, and grow a web of nurturing peer communities
PRACTICALITIES – Dates & Time
- Place: virtually
- Times: multiple – to serve different time zones (view registration page for details)
- Workshop Session: one interactive session (90 min) to support group bonding
- Next Dates: click on the registration link below & indicate your interest in workshop dates
- Cost: Thanks to our partners, we offer these pilot programs free of charge
Please click on the button below to register for this program.